Kelly DeStefano (Chief Human Resources Officer and CAHRA Board Member) and Nicole Beard (Marketing Director) attended the annual CAHRA Leadership Forum today. Important factors proved to be DEI, Hybrid Work Place Transitions, Benefits, Wage Pressure, Ongoing Education and Best Practices for Employee Retention.
The overall consensus showed that the cost of investing in your employees’ overall wellbeing now is an investment in the future of the company - regardless of the economic climate.
Youth Home is really proud to offer a laundry list of great benefits to our own employees (including, but not limited to):
- A minimum of $20/hour pay for every employee
- 12 paid holidays
- Significant Paid time off (PTO)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account deduction (for medical/dependent care expenses)
- Life and long-term disability insurance)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement plan and planning (403(b))
- Cancer and accident insurance
- Free, convenient parking
- Free and/or discounted meals on campus
- College Savings Section 529 option
- Free CEUs and other training offered
As a whole we hope to – by consistent involvement in organizations like CAHRA, internal trainings and ongoing conversation – continue to improve the environment, culture and benefits our employees enjoy.