Additional Therapeutic Approaches/Techniques
Youth Home utilizes many additional therapeutic approaches and techniques throughout treatment.
- CPT: Cognitive Processing Therapy is a type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy 12-session trauma treatment
- Sand Tray Techniques: used separately and in conjunction with EMDR. Useful to create a creative outlet for our clients to communicate their thoughts and feelings without words
- Play Therapy Techniques: therapeutic games and interventions used in individual and family sessions to create safe and genuine engagement
- Therapeutic Stories: used separately and in conjunction with EMDR. Used in individual and family sessions, allowing clients to subconsciously hear and work through their difficulties
- DBT: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy is a combination of cognitive and behavioral therapy, useful in treating borderline personality disorder symptoms and eating disorders.
- EFT: Emotional Freedom Technique is a treatment for anxiety, PTSD, and others. Tapping specific points of the body in a particular sequence
- ACT: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is a mindfulness-based therapy that encourages clients to embrace their thoughts and feelings rather than fighting or feeling guilty for them
- Grounding: bringing a client’s focus as to what is happening physically, in their body or surrounding, rather than being trapped in their thoughts and anxiety
- Mindfulness: being aware in the moment and intentional, accepting the client’s feelings, thoughts, and body sensations
- Meditation: a technique encouraging a heightened state of awareness and focused attention
- Movement/Somatic Experiences: especially used in family treatment, as a way to reinforce attachment. Physical activities that are used to create or reinforce a mind-body connection
- Physical Therapy: care that aims to ease pain and help client's function, move, and live better.
- Occupational Therapy: help people across the lifespan participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities